Proper Mold Damage Removal in New London Prevents Property Damage
SERVPRO Ensures Safe Mold Damage Cleanup in New London
Mold is damaging to your New London home and possessions. It grows on materials such as wood, drywall, and ceiling tiles. Over time, mold deteriorates these materials, compromising your home's structural integrity. It causes staining and discoloration of surfaces, including floors, carpets, walls, and furniture. Also, mold can spread to personal belongings stored in the affected areas, such as clothing and electronics. The immediate cleanup process is paramount when discovered.
The mold damage removal process in New London may differ from home to home. However, one crucial thing is that every professional must follow specific industry-recommended procedures when cleaning up mold-contaminated areas. SERVPRO crews are trained to handle mold safely. Our crews understand the complexities of countering microbial growth and executing effective cleanup techniques.
Recommended steps for mold removal
- Assess to help determine the extent of growth and the source of moisture
- Establish containment measures to prevent mold residues from spreading to unaffected areas
- Address the moisture source to prevent further mold growth
- Facilitate drying and maintain proper airflow using dehumidifiers and air movers
Managing Microbial Growth
After building containment barriers, our crews move to remove water-damaged and mold-infested materials. Building materials such as drywall can be severely damaged, and the only way to ensure mold is successfully removed from your home is by removing the affected material. SERVPRO crews remove and bag these materials properly in sealed plastic bags. We help install replacement materials after completing the mold treatment of the underlying surfaces. The treatment inhibits further growth. Upon request, we can help encapsulate walls, floors, and ceilings to deter moisture intrusion.
Appropriate techniques for effective results
- Wire brushing or HEPA vacuuming helps remove visible mold colonies.
- Following the manufacturer's instructions in product mixing and application improves outcomes.
- Letting cleaning solution sit on the moldy surface for the recommended dwell time to allow better penetration
- We use gentle but firm strokes to clean mold-affected areas, careful not to spread the mold residues further or damage the material.
To keep mold from destroying your home, contact SERVPRO of New London at (860) 443-2222 to get effective mold damage removal services.