Should Your Business Hire Remediation Professionals for New London Mold Damage?
SERVPRO uses the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) protocols for New London commercial mold damage
Why Will Commercial Housekeeping or Cleaning Crews Fall Short on Mold Remediation?
Assigning mold damage in New London business properties as a routine job for your usual cleaning crew can result in poor outcomes. A better choice is to consult with SERVPRO for mold inspection, remediations, and removal.
Although your contracted cleaning service takes great pride in maintaining your New London commercial premises, ironically, the steps it takes to eradicate mold can worsen the situation because:
- Bleach or other cleaners rarely penetrate deeply enough to kill the embedded mold hyphae (root-like parts of a mold organism).
- Cleaning products contain significant quantities of water, encouraging spore growth.
- Eliminating moisture sources must be part of an effective mold remediation plan, typically not a cleaning crew specialty.
Why Is Hiring SERVPRO Mold Specialists a Good Investment for New London Business Owners?
SERVPRO adheres to the research-based EPA procedures for mold remediation in schools and commercial buildings. The following steps are critical:
- Locating the mold
- Containing the affected area with physical barriers and technology like negative pressure air scrubbers to prevent drift of debris and spores
- Mechanical removal of mold and moldy materials with scrapers and brushes
- Controlled blasting of porous surfaces with soda or dry ice to remove and incapacitate embedded mold organisms
- Clean up of mold debris with HEPA-filtered vacuums and damp wiping
- Lawful disposal of double-bagged moldy materials as hazardous waste
- Treatment of cleaned surfaces with EPA-registered antimicrobials to inhibit mold rebound
- Elimination of the moisture causing mold growth
Training in EPA protocols and extensive experience with water and moisture damage issues make SERVPRO of New London uniquely qualified to respond as mold specialists. A single call to (860) 443-2222 sets your business up for effective mold remediation.