New London Storms Often Necessitate Water Damage Repair Work
SERVPRO Does Water Damage Repair in New London
Whenever storm waters flood New London homes, they are fouled by harmful, odor-causing microbes. These troublesome bacteria and fungi usually cause persistent, unpleasant smells throughout your residence, mold, mildew growths, and even structural deterioration. Together, such threats could ultimately reduce your home’s overall livability.
Fortunately, SERVPRO knows all about flood-borne microorganisms and is equipped to eradicate them and mask any flood-related odors during water damage repair on your New London home. As a top biohazard cleaning company, our firm performs everything from basic water removal services and water damage repairs to major basement flooding recovery, sewage cleanup, and restoration projects. Some of the resources our skilled technicians use in these efforts are:
- Powered or manual sprayers that directly apply powerful disinfectants to floodwater-impacted, colorfast surfaces
- Ultra-low volume foggers that deodorize even the most difficult-to-access areas by dispensing water and solvent-based deodorants in tiny particles
- High-velocity box fans to fully ventilate interiors before and after deodorization
- State-of-the-art air scrubbers cleanse the air by filtering out foul smells, chemicals, and airborne particles.
A few of the chemical agents we employ to eliminate microbes and undesirable odors include:
- SERVPROxide is an agent that kills bacteria on all types of surfaces, eliminates fungal growth, and prevents mold and mildew from growing up to four weeks.
- Sporicidin (#154) is an all-purpose antimicrobial and odor-neutralizer that has low toxicity and can keep flood-related smells away for up to six months
- Vanquish (#175) is a powerful, EPA-registered disinfectant and deodorant that kills a wide range of microorganisms, including bacteria, fungi, and viruses
- Wall and All Surface Cleaner (#351), a detergent-based cleaner that is safe for all washable, painted surfaces
With all of this in mind, the next time you need water damage repair work done, contact your helpful neighbors at SERVPRO of New London. Call us anytime at (860) 443-2222 for fast assistance.