Should You Put Off New London Water Damage Remediation?
SERVPRO crews are available 24/7 to meet New London residents’ water clean up needs
A burst pipe or ceiling leaks are unexpected and unwanted surprises for homeowners, who then scramble for New London emergency services. Water damages structural components and contents rapidly and progressively. Delay in obtaining water removal services turns a manageable inconvenience into a disaster.
How Does SERVPRO Approach New London Water Damage Repairs?
When the SERVPRO team arrives at your New London home, prepare for professional, organized water damage intervention. An experienced project manager assesses and immediately institutes controls for safety hazards, including:
- Slip, trip, and fall potential -- minimized by signage and fast water mitigation
- Risk of structural collapse from trapped water behind walls or above ceilings -- addressed with temporary supports and targeted demolition techniques:
- Ceiling weep holes
- Baseboard level drainage holes
- Flood cuts
- Exposure to hazardous waste in contaminated fluids -- avoided by containment of affected areas and collection of dirty water for lawful disposal
What Emergency Services Does SERVPRO Provide?
After the safety assessment and institution of controls, Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)-trained SERVPRO workers remove the standing water and prepare for structural drying.
Water clean up uses:
- Submersible pumps for water deeper than two inches
- Truck-mounted extractors -- high-capacity, available even when the power is out
- Portable backpack extractors for smaller and confined areas
Effective structural drying requires:
- Moisture detection and metering, using specialized tools
- Drying plans dependent upon site-specific data:
- Setting differentiated drying goals for various wet materials
- Balancing airflow, temperature, and relative humidity employing:
- Air movers
Have confidence in the well-equipped and trained experts from SERVPRO of New London. Contact us at (860) 443-2222 -- We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.